Alleged Triton Sex Scandal Defendants Due in Court
Some of the defendants in the Triton teacher-student sex case are expected in court Monday.
Update, 6:20 p.m.: Triton Teachers Plead Guilty, Face 30 Days Jail or House Arrest
Update, 3:30 p.m.: Triton Teachers Plead Guilty to Sex Scandal Charges.
At least some of the five teachers and administrators charged in the Triton teacher-student sex scandal are expected in court today.
Camden County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Jason Laughlin sent out a short note saying there's a status conference hearing at 2 p.m. in the Camden County Courthouse in Camden. Laughlin did not elaborate, but did note some of the defendants may attend the hearing.
Three Triton Regional High School teachers and two administrators are suspended with pay after the scandal broke in October 2012. Teachers Jeffrey Logandro and Daniel Michielli are charged with varying degrees of inappropriate contact with students; teacher Nicholas Martinelli is charged with official misconduct.
Triton principal Catherine DePaul and vice principal Jernee Kollock, who allegedly knew about the teachers' relationships with the students, but did not report them to authorities, also are charged.
Stay with Gloucester Township Patch as we bring you updates from this afternoon's hearing.
For all of Gloucester Township Patch's coverage on the Triton charges, visit Patch's Triton Teacher-Student Sex Scandal page.
For more on the Triton teacher-student sex charges, also see:
- Prosecutor: 'Moral, Ethical and Legal Failures' in Triton Sex Case
- BHPRSD Board Moves to Take Suspended Triton Educators' Pay
- Suspended Triton Educators Still Drawing Paychecks?
- School District Hires PR Firm in Wake of Triton Sex Scandal
- District, Superintendent Issue Statements on Triton Sex Scandal
- 'Shocked,' 'Astonished' Triton Students React to Sex Scandal
- Triton Teachers, Administrators Charged in Sex Scandal
- [UPDATE] Triton Teachers Under Investigation
Get news on the court update immediately by signing up for Patch's breaking news alerts.