Black Horse Pike Board Calls Special Meeting
It is expected the board will hire an interim principal for Triton High School.
Black Horse Pike Regional School District Board of Education has called a special meeting for Monday afternoon during which it is expected Triton Regional High School's interim principal will be hired.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m. It will be held at the regional school district's Erial Road administrative office.
Principal Catherine DePaul was suspended with pay in early October, one day before she was charged with covering up information regarding inappropriate relationships between Triton teachers and now-former students during the 2011-12 school year.
Three teachers and a second administrator have also been charged in the sex scandal.
"The meeting Monday is related to the hiring of an interim principal at Triton High School. It’s open to the public," said Sarah Lindsay, account supervisor at Braithwaite Communications, which BHPRSD hired the day the charges against the educators were annnounced, in an email Friday afternoon.
At its regularly scheduled Oct. 18 meeting, the BHPRSD board voted to temporarily suspend a district policy that dictates the board not be involved in the interview process for certificated staff members except for the positions of assistant superintendent and business administrator/board secretary.
Three Triton teachers—Jeffrey Logandro, 32, Nicholas Martinelli, 28, and Daniel Michielli, 27—are accused of sexual relationships with now-former students. All three were suspended with pay as the Camden County Prosecutor's Office investigated allegations of teacher-student relationships at the Runnemede school. The teachers' suspensions were handed down separately late in the summer and early in the school year.
In addition to DePaul, former Triton vice principal Jernee Kollock, who became vice principal at Timber Creek on July 1, stands accused of attempting to squelch information regarding teacher-student relationships. She also was suspended with pay on Oct. 3.
For more on the Triton teacher-student sex charges, visit:
- BHPRSD Board to Work with Administration on Triton Interim Principal Search
- BHPRSD Board Moves to Take Suspended Educators' Pay
- Prosecutor: 'Moral, Ethical and Legal Failures' in Triton Sex Case
- Suspended Triton Educators Still Drawing Paychecks?
- School District Hires PR Firm in Wake of Triton Sex Scandal
- District, Superintendent Issue Statements on Triton Sex Scandal
- 'Shocked,' 'Astonished' Triton Students React to Sex Scandal
- Triton Teachers, Administrators Charged in Sex Scandal
- [UPDATE] Triton Teachers Under Investigation