Brawl at Howard Johnson Inn Nets 8 Arrests
The melee occurred early Monday morning at the Black Horse Pike motel.
On June 25, 2012, at approximately 1:34 a.m., officers from the Gloucester Township Police Department responded to the HoJo Inn on the Black Horse Pike in Blenheim for a report of 30 people involved in a fight. Upon officers arrival, multiple vehicles were attempting to flee the area. An investigation was conducted of the occupants of these vehicles along with numerous individuals in the parking lot and on the third floor of the hotel. As a result of this investigation, eight people from various towns were arrested and charged with offenses such as possession of a controlled dangerous substance, hindering apprehension and outstanding warrants. Six of the eight people arrested were remanded to the Camden County Correctional Facility.
The following individuals were remanded to the Camden County Correctional Facility:
- Ashlie Brown, Elena Court, Gloucester Township - possession of CDS, hindering apprehension, warrants
- Yushika Taplin, Browning Street, Camden - possession of CDS, hindering apprehension, warrants
- Trevor Carter, Jackson Street, Camden - possession of CDS
- Lachelle Carter, 10th Street, Camden - outstanding warrants
- Brandon Bagwell, Farmhouse Road, Erial - outstanding warrants
- Waverly Curry, Pine Road, Philadelphia - outstanding warrants
Also arrested and released:
- Shermaine Carter, Kingswood Place, Clementon - outstanding warrants
- Shakema Alford, Park Boulevard, Camden- possession of a controlled dangerous substance