Council OKs Professional Services, Board Appointments
Gloucester Township Council uses its 2013 reorganization to appoint more than three dozen firms and individuals.
After its members re-elected Glen Bianchini and Orlando Mercado as its president and vice president, respectively, the Township Council approved more than a dozen professional services appointments by Mayor David Mayer during Wednesday night's Gloucester Township reorganization meeting.
Council approved the following appointments, all of which are for one year unless otherwise noted:
- Labor Counsel: Archer & Greiner
- Labor Negotiations Counsel: Parker McCay
- Bond Counsel: Parker McCay
- Special Workmen's Compensation Counsel: Capehart Scratchard
- Financial Advisor: Acacia Financial Group
- Engineer: Remington and Vernick (3-year term)
- Redevelopment Engineer: Petit Associates (*CME Associates)
- Sidewalks Engineer: J. Timothy Kernan Associates
- Streets Engineer: Remington & Vernick
- Recreation Engineer: Pettit Associates
- Storm Drainage Engineer: CES (Consulting Engineer Services) Engineers
- Redevelopment Planner/Architect: T&M Associates
- Computer/Computer Newtork Consultant: United Computer Sales & Service
- Energy Consultant: Blue Sky Power
- Media Consultant: Steve Acito
* Held position in 2012
Council also approved the mayor's appointments of the following individuals to positions in the municipal court during Wednesday's meeting:
- Prosecutor: Jack Kennedy
- Judge: Nicholas Trabosh (3-year term)
Mayer's Township Planning Board appointments of Josephine Washington for a one-year term as Class I representative and Len Moffa for a one-year term as a Class II representative were read into the record by Clerk Rosemary DiJosie.
In addition to approving more than a dozen of Mayer's 2012 professional services appointments, Council also voted to approve Robert Stewart, of Inverso & Stewart, as the township's auditor, Glen Leary as municipal court public defender, and Mercado as its representative on the Township Planning Board.
Council also appointed the following individuals to the noted board, committee commission or authority:
- Multiple Dwelling Commission (1-year terms): Mayer and Business Administrator Tom Cardis
- Blackwood Lake Advisory Committee (2-year terms): Pasquale Ciarrocchi, Tonya Hoelke, Walter Ellis and Stephanie Roberts
- Historical and Scenic Preservation Committee (5-year terms): Judy Calabrese and Louise Tyciak
- Housing Authority (5-year term): Cynthia Carlamere
- Advisory Committee for Recreation and Parks (2-year terms): James Stevens
- Zoning Board (Four-year terms): Kevin Bucceroni and Carmen Scarduzio
- Zoning Board (Two-year terms as alternates): Phyllis Giusti (Alternate No. 1), Michael Acevedo (Alternate No. 2), and Ken Treger (Alternate No. 3)
Council also designated several of its members as liaisons to various committees and authorities within the township.
Those Council liaison appointments are as follows:
- Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee: Frank Schmidt
- Housing Authority: Dan Hutchison
- Environmental and Open Space Advisory Committee: Tracey Trotto
- Blackwood Lake Advisory Committee: Sam Siler
- Veterans Committees: Siler
- Municipal Utilities Authority: Bianchini