Five Things You Need to Know ... Nov. 14 Council Meeting
Below are five things on the agenda for the Nov. 14 Gloucester Township Council meeting.
A quick look at five things on the Gloucester Township Council meeting agenda for Wednesday, Nov. 14:
1. Council is expected to consider on first reading an ordinance that would split the Lakeland redevelopment zone into two—with one portion designated as the Camden County Improvement Authority's and the other the township's.
Officials indicated during Council's Nov. 5 workshop that the Improvement Authority's plans are focused on the area around the Health Services Center-Ann A. Mullen Building.
2. An ordinance that would set the use fee for for-profit sports organizations to rent township-owned facilities at $75 per hour is also on Council's meeting agenda.
Glory Days Sports has approached the township about renting the Recreation Center for an adult dodgeball league. The organization's interest in putting one of its leagues in the Recreation Center has been discussed at Council's last two workshop meetings.
The ordinance is to be considered on first reading.
3. Council will consider a resolution that would call on the New Jersey Legislature to override Gov. Chris Christie's Oct. 12 veto of the so-called "911 Good Samaritan" bill.
Per Council President Glen Bianchini's suggestion, the resolution, if approved, will not only be forwarded to 4th District legislators, but also to Christie's office.
Blackwood resident Patty DiRenzo asked Council to approve the resolution during the governing body's Nov. 5 workshop session.
4. Council is scheduled to consider a resolution that would authorize the township tax collector to cancel property tax over-payments of less than $10.
5. Council is expected to consider a resolution that would authorize Mayor David Mayer and Clerk Rosemary DiJosie to sign and submit a grant application to the New Jersey Department of Transportation for phase II of the Garwood Road repaving project.
Phase I, between Melissa Drive and Winfield Road, is ongoing.