'Foundation Jeopardized:' School District Responds to Guilty Pleas
Black Horse Pike Regional School District Superintendent John Golden pens a letter to parents assuring them of the district's commitment to students' safety.
Black Horse Pike Regional School District released a letter to parents Monday, vowing to maintain the "highest standards" for its employees after three pleaded guilty to charges in a teacher-student sex case.
Two Triton teachers, Jeffrey Logandro and Daniel Michielli, and principal Catherine DePaul pleaded guilty to various charges in the case Monday. All three were fired from their positions as part of the plea deal.
Another teacher, Nicholas Martinelli, and vice principal Jernee Kollock face pending charges.
In a letter sent to parents, Superintendent John Golden wrote in part:
The Black Horse Pike Regional School District and Triton Regional High School community will remain dedicated and resolute in our belief that all students should be guaranteed a safe and secure learning environment; one in which our faculty serves as role models for developing the qualities of sound character. As a result of that foundation becoming jeopardized by actions counter to those beliefs, the Black Horse Pike Regional School District has responded and will continue to hold our employees to the highest standards in order to protect students and honor the aforementioned belief. We, as a community, have a shared commitment to doing what is best for students so that they may be prepared for tomorrow’s challenges.
Click on the PDF, above, to read the full letter.
For all of Gloucester Township Patch's coverage on the Triton charges, visit Patch's Triton Teacher-Student Sex Scandal page.
For more on the Triton teacher-student sex charges, also see:
- Triton Teachers Plead Guilty to Sex Scandal Charges
- Prosecutor: 'Moral, Ethical and Legal Failures' in Triton Sex Case
- BHPRSD Board Moves to Take Suspended Triton Educators' Pay
- Suspended Triton Educators Still Drawing Paychecks?
- School District Hires PR Firm in Wake of Triton Sex Scandal
- District, Superintendent Issue Statements on Triton Sex Scandal
- 'Shocked,' 'Astonished' Triton Students React to Sex Scandal
- Triton Teachers, Administrators Charged in Sex Scandal
- [UPDATE] Triton Teachers Under Investigation