Sweet Caramel deLites! Girl Scout Cookies are back again.
While cookie season never seems long enough, the Girls Scouts officially kicked off sales of their famous cookies last Thursday and will continue until late February.
With a new season brings a new look to Girl Scout cookies. Changing the classic packaging for the first time since 1999, Girl Scout Cookie boxes will now feature the organization's five financial literacy and entrepreneurship skills. The goal of the Girl Scout Cookie Program is to teach girls essential skills, such as goal-setting and money management.
“Each year from our youngest Daisies to our experienced Ambassadors, our girls challenge themselves in new ways and develop skills that will help them for the rest of their lives,” says Girl Scout CEO Mary Connell.
For $4 a box, patrons can purchase any of the Girl Scout Cookie classics, as well as one new addition. Mango Cremes will debut this year as a tropical treat with reported health benefits. The crèmes are loaded with vitamins, having all the health benefits of cranberries, pomegranates, oranges, grapes and strawberries.
In addition to the Mango Cremes, cookies available for purchase include Thin Mints, Shortbread, Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Lemonades, Thanks-A-Lot and Peanut Butter Sandwich.
Can’t live without this seasonal treat? Below is a list of where you can purchase your own Girl Scouts Cookies in the area:
- Acme, Sicklerville - Saturday, Jan. 19, 9 to 11 am.; Friday, Jan. 25, 6 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 26, 9 to 11 a.m.; Saturday, Feb. 2, 9 to 11 a.m.; and Friday, Feb. 15, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Not Just Pizza, 1715 Sicklerville Road, Sicklerville - Saturday, Jan. 19, 6 to 8 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 26, 4 to 6 p.m.; Sunday, Jan. 27, 3 to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, Feb. 3, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Meadows Diner, Blackwood - Saturday, Jan. 19, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 20, 10 a.m. to noon
- ShopRite of Laurel Hill - Sunday, Jan. 20, 3 to 5 p.m.; Sunday, Jan. 27, 1 to 3 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 3, 1 to 3 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 10, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 16, 9 to 11 a.m.; Saturday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and Sunday, Feb. 24, 1 to 3 p.m.
- ShopRite of Chews Landing - Sunday, Jan. 20, 9 to 11 a.m.; Saturday, Feb. 16, 5 to 7 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 23, 3 to 7 p.m.; and Sunday, Feb. 24, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Walgreens, Glendora - Saturday, Feb. 2, 2 to 4 p.m.
Need to find other locations for your Thin Mint fix? Yes, there's an app for that. Download it here.