Grease Fire Sends Blackwood Woman to Hospital
A kitchen fire inside a Timber Cove home burns a woman.
A Blackwood woman was flown to an area hospital Monday night for treatment of burns to her legs she sustained in a kitchen fire, according to police.
Grease spilled onto the adult victim's legs, according to Gloucester Township Police Deputy Chief David Harkins. Emergency communications overheard on a police scanner around 10:15 p.m. Monday indicated the victim sustained "significant burns to her body," resulting in her being transported by medevac helicopter.
The fire occurred at 3 Hemlock Dr., in the Timber Cove subdivision.
Blenheim Fire Co. responded to the fire, Harkins said.