Hurricane Sandy Cancellations, Closings
Continue to check back for more announcements as we get them.
Here is a list of events canceled and/or postponed because of Hurricane Sandy:
- The ShopRite stores at Laurel Hill and Chews Landing are closed Monday, but management hopes to re-open Tuesday at regular times.
- The Sicklerville Acme management hopes to remain open till 11 p.m. Monday, but will be monitoring conditions.
- Gloucester Township Public Schools—all eight elementary schools and three middle schools—will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Highland, Timber Creek and Triton high schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Camden County Technical Schools, including Gloucester Township campus, will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- John Paul II Regional School, in Stratford, is closed Monday and Tuesday.
Government offices and services
- Camden County has closed its libraries and parks Monday. The library buildings and parks will remain closed Tuesday.
- All New Jersey and Camden County offices will be closed Tuesday.
- Gloucester Township Municipal Building will also be closed Tuesday. If you are scheduled to appear in Municipal Court on Tuesday, you will receive a notice by mail with a rescheduled appearance date.
- There will not be any trash collection in Gloucester Township Monday or Tuesday. Do not place trash cans or recycling bins curbside. Your trash will be collected next Monday and Tuesday.
- Camden County has declared a local emergency for Monday, and all non-essential offices will be closed. Traffic and personnel on county roads is restricted to essential services and travel deemed necessary.
- The Camden County flu clinic scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Camden County Vocational Schools-Gloucester Township Campus has been postponed.
- The Camden County flu clinic scheduled for Monday, Oct. 29, at the Katz Jewish Community Center in Cherry Hill has been rescheduled. The new date is Nov. 5 from 9 a.m. to noon, same location: 1301 Springdale Rd., Cherry Hill.
- All state parks and historic sites will shut down at noon on Sunday. Current campers must leave by midday Sunday. Parks may be shut down the entire week, state officials say. Visit the NJ Department of Environmental Protection's Hurricane Sandy Information website for more information.
- PATCO rail service will be suspended early Monday morning. The last train to Lindenwold will leave the 15th/16th and Locust Station in Philadelphia at 2:50 a.m. The last train to Philadelphia will leave Lindenwold at 2:15 a.m.
- Mainstage Center for the Arts has canceled all classes through Wednesday. Rehearsals scheduled for Monday have been postponed.
- Senior bingo at Gloucester Township Senior Center scheduled for Monday has been canceled.
Colleges and universities
- Camden County College is closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Rowan University is closed Monday and Tuesday. Students may remain on campus, but have to inform their resident advisors.
- Rutgers-Camden is closed Monday.
A scheduled debate between Rep. Rob Andrews (D) and challenger Greg Horton (R) at Rutgers-Camden Monday has been canceled. Andrews, an 11-term incumbent, and Horton, a school administrator, are running for the 1st Congressional District seat.
Editor's Note: Closing down your business for Sandy? Send a note to editor Sean McCullen at firstname.lastname@example.org, including closing time and expected re-opening time, and he'll let your customers know.