Gloucester Township released the following announcement:
Every March, Gloucester Township's mayor and council celebrate Women's History Month by honoring outstanding Women Who Make A Difference within our community. Nominations are now being accepted for exemplary citizens who have demonstrated significant contributions in the area of community service, personal or professional achievements, or general good deeds that have impacted favorably on our citizens.
The nomination must include an essay supporting the nominee's accomplishments. The nominations will be evaluated by a three-member panel appointed by the mayor. The awards will be presented on March 25, 2013, during the Gloucester Township Council meeting at the Gloucester Township Municipal Building.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Exemplary employment performance does not qualify as community service.
- Must be an exemplary citizen who has demonstrated significant contributions in the areas of community service.
- Must currently reside or work in Gloucester Township.
- Nominators must submit an essay supporting his/her nominee's accomplishments.
- Please attach the essay to the nomination form. Also, letters of reference and documentation (i.e. certificates of merit, newspaper articles, etc.) may be included with the submission application.
- Past recipients are not eligible (Please see the list)