Football, Faeries and Fireworks.
Mike Schmidt and the Pumpkin Patch.
Jump Over to the Craft Sale.
All were possible titles to this week's "Get Out." There are so many fun weekend events to choose from, we weren't sure what to lead with.
What we do know is this—a baseball Hall of Famer is in the area, Duffield's Farm has opened for pumpkin picking and Atco Raceway will be home to this weekend's Waterford Days celebration, complete with fireworks on Saturday night.
Pick one event, or attend them all. Get out and enjoy fall!
- Where/When: , 366 Berlin Cross Keys Rd., Sicklerville; Friday, 5:30-9:30 p.m.
- What’s Going On: If you need a night out but don’t want to hunt for a babysitter, don’t worry. This Friday night, Jump! Zone is offering to watch your kids, while you escape for a few hours of adults-only time. Included in the price of admission are movies, bouncy inflatables, unlimited pizza and juice boxes. Proper ID is required for child drop-off and pick-up.
- Pricing: $25 per child, $20 if you pre-order
- Where/When: , 43 Chews
Landing Rd., Blackwood; Saturday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Come out and support this community organization. Get an early start on holiday shopping. There will be handmade treasures and food for sale—hoagies, candy, chips and more.
- Pricing: Free to attend; food and goods prices vary
- Where/When: , 200 Golfview Dr., Blackwood; tonight at 6 p.m.
- What’s Going On: If you love football and really love talking about football, come out to “Talking Football with Jaws” every Thursday night. Ron Jaworski broadcasts on 97.5 FM, Philadelphia’s first FM sports radio station. Sports fans will be pleased to see the weekly special guests that make appearances.
- Pricing: $2 draft specials, with varied food and drink prices
- Where/When: Camden Children’s Garden, 3 Riverside Dr., Camden; Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Faeries and Wizards are celebrated this weekend at the Camden Children’s Garden. Stop by the grounds and make fairy wings or wizard hats. There will be games, crafts and more. Children are encouraged to dress up in their favorite wizard or fairy costumes.
- Pricing: $6 per person, children 2 and under are free
- Where/When: Duffield’s Farm, 280 Chapel Heights Rd., Sewell, Washington Township; pumpkin-picking hayrides, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; farm hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. today through Saturday
- What’s Going On: Duffield’s Farm will offer pumpkin-picking hayrides this Saturday. After you enjoy this fall tradition, stay for a lesson in cooking with squash by Arugula.
- Pricing: Pumpkin-picking hayrides are $7.50 plus tax per student; $3.75 plus tax per adult
- Where/When: Deptford Mall, BC Sports, 1750 Deptford Center Rd., Deptford; Saturday, 1-3 p.m.
- What’s Going On: Even people who don’t follow sports have probably heard of Mike Schmidt, Hall of Fame third baseman from the Philadelphia Phillies. Schmitty is making a stop at BC Sports in Deptford Mall, where he’ll greet fans and sign autographs.
- Pricing: $79 and up
- Where/When: Atco Raceway, 1000 Jackson Rd., Atco; Friday, 6 to 11 pm (Gates open at 4:30 p.m.), Saturday, 1-10 p.m.
- What’s Going On: This two-day event celebrates near-by Waterford Township and is packed with festivities for the entire family. Friday night at 6 p.m., watch a battle of the bands. There will also be rides, crafters and food. Saturday, stay the entire day. There will be live entertainment throughout the day, rides, crafters, a classic car show, an auto thrill show and fireworks.
- Pricing: Free to attend; attraction costs vary; $20 wristband purchase on Friday night allows unlimited amusement rides