Gloucester Township Patch has picked the best holiday happenings for this upcoming weekend. Even if you don't celebrate the holidays, you can come out and visit one of the township high school's craft fair, feast at an amazing brunch spread or take the kids to the Garden State Discovery Museum.
For those of you who embrace the holidays, make sure to see Santa, Mrs. Claus, Scrooge: The Musical and scenes from the Nutcracker at the events listed below.
'Tis the season to have lots of local fun!
- Where/When: Haddonfield Plays & Players, 957 East Atlantic Ave., Haddonfield; tonight, 7:30 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.; Sunday, 2 p.m.
- What's going On: The Haddonfield Plays & Players have taken Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and will perform the musical adaptation of the story. Scrooge: The Musical is centered around Ebenezer Scrooge, a wealthy, money-loving, cold hearted banker living in 19th-century London. This grumpy man does not like Christmas and ignores the impoverished around him. Three spirits visit him on Christmas Eve, opening his heart to the joy the holiday can bring.
- Price: $12 per ticket for tonight's show; $20 for Friday through Sunday
- Where/When: (cafeteria), 450 Erial Rd., Blackwood; Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- What's Going On: Avoid the crowded malls. Stop by Highland High School's craft fair and find unique items they don't sell at the chain stores. This family-friendly event is free to attend and there will be tons of handmade items for sale. This event supports the school's World Language Club.
- Price: Free to attend, goods prices vary
- Where/When: Black Horse Pike, Blackwood; Saturday, 6 p.m.
- What's Going On: Come out to the Blackwood Fire Co.'s annual Christmas Parade. This festive parade has a route on Rt. 168 in Blackwood from the IGA shopping center to Church Street. Make sure you stop by the fire station, located at 14 W. Central Ave., after the parade to meet Santa!
- Price: Free
- Where/When: The Garden State Discovery Museum, 2040 Springdale Rd., Cherry Hill; Saturday, ChildrenSong at 11:30 a.m. and Voorhees Ballet at 1 and 3 p.m.; Museum hours are 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- What's Going On: This first weekend in December brings local talent to the Garden State Discovery Museum. Young entertainers will sing holiday songs and the Voorhees Ballet Company will perform scenes from The Nutcracker. If your little one isn't into the performance, fear not, the museum still has plenty of hands on exhibits for them to explore (there's the rock wall, sports center, fishing boat and more).
- Price: Adults, $10.95 + tax for adults and children 12 months and over; $9.95 + tax for seniors
- Where/When: The Mansion at Main Street, 3000 Main St., Voorhees; Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- What's Going On: Brunch now includes lots of holiday cheer at the Mansion on Main Street. The dining rooms are filled with holiday decor and Christmas carolers serenade you as you feast at their Dickens-themed holiday buffet. The Mansion also offers up one complimentary Mimosa or glass of Champagne, a waffle station, an omelet station, smoked fish, fruit, cheeses and more.
- Price: Adults, $32.95*; Children 4-10, $16.00*; Kids 3 and under, Free; *Prices do not include tax or gratuity
- Where/When: , 1420 N. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood; Sunday, 1 to 7 p.m.
- What's Going On: Let your pets get in on the holiday fun too. This Sunday, pets can take photos with Mrs. Claus from 1 to 4 p.m. (Mrs. Claus will also take photographs with children and take children/pet combo pictures). For the kids, Santa will ride in on Chews Landing Fire trucks at 5 p.m. He will also pose for pictures. This family and pet friendly event will donate proceeds to the New Jersey Police K-9 Association and the Camden County Animal Shelter.
- Price: Free to attend, $7 for each photograph