Work has started on renovations to Quaker Bridge Mall.
The Simon Property Group Inc., owner of the shopping center, announced that major redevelopment work has already begun behind the scenes. The changes will include a revamped tenant mix and upgraded merchandise selection in apparel, accessories and home furnishings.
Renovations will include new interior and exterior features and amenities such as a new food hall, upgraded escalators, an elevator, updated restrooms, redesigned mall entrances, landscaping, new flooring, ceiling and handrails among other items.
Specific projects include:
- A contemporary food hall including eight new restaurants with amenities such as soft seating, landscapin, and skylights.
- The arrival of and an upscale Italian restaurant. The Cheesecake Factory is projected to open in the fall of 2012 and will accommodate 229 diners inside the restaurant as well as 64 patrons in an outdoor patio setting, in approximately 9,100 square feet. There will be an outdoor patio with a capacity of 64 patrons. The restaurant will employ 250-300 workers in full-time positions.
- Redesign of all mall entrances and updated outdoor signage and landscaping. New monument signs at each mall entry will be part of this package.
- Landscaped soft seating areas added throughout the mall for customer comfort.
- Redesign of hand railings to include contemporary glasswork.
- Cosmetic upgrades to the texture and color palette of the entire property.
- New carpet and flooring installed throughout the mall.
- New rest rooms including family restrooms.
- Redesign of the mall’s common areas with new ceilings, new finishes and lighting.
- Replacement of escalators in Macy’s court and a new escalator in JCPenney court.
- New elevator in the Lord & Taylor court.
- New graphics on directional signs throughout the mall.
“This renovation will better serve the needs of our loyal customers,” said Quaker Bridge Mall Manager Lynda Benedetto, “whether they are here to shop, dine, to be entertained or just to enjoy a welcoming and comfortable environment.
“Moreover, this transformation will be attractive to both current and prospective tenants, several of which will be new to our market. We’re already working on lease commitments with new tenants in conjunction with the renovation plans. With new tenants and a renovated mall, we feel we can truly launch Quaker Bridge to the next level.”
Renovation work will be scheduled to minimize interference or customer inconvenience during the mall’s operating hours.