No Super Bowl party this year?
The Eagles' lousy season made you forget about football to the point you didn't even realize the big game is this Sunday, didn't it?!?
Well, the NFL's championship game is not one to watch alone, or even with only a few people.
So, if you don't have a party to host or attend, head out to one of the area's many bars and restaurants where the matchup between the three-time Super Bowl champion New York Giants and three-time Super Bowl champion New England Patriots will be aired.
Gloucester Township Patch and West Deptford Patch have pooled our resources and come up with a list of great deals and specials for the big game in our towns and beyond. We're all about saving you some money.
Don't forget: Kickoff is scheduled for 6:29 p.m.
In Gloucester Township, consider heading over to the following establishments to take advantage of these great specials and deals:
- Applebee's: $3 "Brutus" drafts of Coors Light and Miller Lite and $3 margaritas and Long Island iced teas;
- Riley's Pub at Valleybrook County Club: Join members of the Arena Football League's Philadelphia Soul in enjoying 50 ¢ wings and $2 bottles of Miller Lite for the big game. Also, enter a raffle for a chance to win an autographed throwback jersey from Valleybrook owner and former Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski;
- Skeeter's Pub: $3 bottles of Corona and Corona Light;
- Stone Grille: $10 all-you-can-eat buffet;
- Villari's Lakeside: $20 all-you-can-eat buffet.
In and around West Deptford, you can hit these spots:
- will have $2 Miller Light, Coors Light and Bud Lights, as well as $3 Coors pints and $3.50 Blue Moon pints. There'll also be wings specials, tower beer specials and giveaways during the game.
- will have various specials throughout the day on everything from pizza to mixed drinks.
- At Clancy’s in Brooklawn, the BLT band hosts their annual party—$40 includes buffet and open bar, and giveaways from 5:30-10 p.m. Call (856) 456-4100 for ticket availability.
- Schileen’s in Westville is offering half-price roast beef, 35 cent wings, $2 Miller Lite bottles, and $2.50 Miller Lite aluminums.
- Staying home to host a party? Marlene Mangia Bene in Woodbury is offering half and full tray specials, designed to feed anywhere from 8 to 20 people. Call 856-848-8488, and order by the end of the day Thursday to guarantee your party's set for the big game.