Welcome to Patch 101, our primer to help readers learn how to get the most out of Patch.
We’re not just a news source here—we’re a community hub, a gathering place where you can connect with your neighbors. And unlike most other media outlets, we allow our readers to directly contribute to Patch.
One of the questions we hear most is a request to add an event to our calendar. But you don’t need to wait for us—you can do it yourself in seconds.
1. Make sure you’re signed in under your Patch account. (Or register here first.)
2. Click on the Gloucester Township Patch Event Calendar and click on “add an event”
3. Fill out the fields, including the title, date, times, description and address. (Patch tip: Fill in the address form with the complete street address. If the system won’t recognize your location, be sure to use the full street, town, state and ZIP code.)
4. Check off the appropriate categories (sports, arts, garage sale, etc.) and fill out any extra info, such as a website site or contact phone number.
5. Click save and presto, your event is posted. It will go out in our daily newsletter for the maximum reach.
Whether you’re part of a community group, nonprofit, business, school, town department or theater group, we want to know about your upcoming events. And, more importantly, so do your neighbors.
Thanks for reading Patch!