Chews United Methodist Church
This Black Horse Pike church was founded in 1811 as Christ Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1844, the church's name was changed to Union Methodist Church and, in 1939, with the merger of the Methodist Episcopal and Methodist Protestant churches, it finally became known as Chews Methodist Church.
The church's modern-day sanctuary was dedicated on March 31, 1968. The original sanctuary was demolished in 1982, replaced with the church's education building, which was completed in 1989.
The church's pastor is Rev. William B. Wilson.
- Hours: Sunday traditional services: 8:30am and 11am; Sunday contemporary service: 9:30am; Sunday school: 9:30am
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, curb cutouts
- Founding Date: 1811
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups