Gloucester Township Elementary School
The building that houses Gloucester Township Elementary School opened in 1926, making it the second oldest of the township's 11 elementary- and middle-school buildings. It initially was known as Blackwood Junior School, housing students in grades 7 and 8, before being renamed Gloucester Township Junior School in 1958.
It was dubbed Gloucester Township School in 1964 and has served various grade ranges since, including 9th graders for a brief time. Today, the school, which took the name Gloucester Township Elementary School in the early '90s, is home to students from kindergarten through 5th grade.
The Black Horse Pike school was the 2009 winner of the National AMVETS (American Veterans) Silver Helmet Americanism Award. Its principal is Joseph W. Gentile.
- Fax: 856-228-4366
- Hours: 9am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1926
- Number of students: 287
- Male-to-female ratio: 51 to 49
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18.4 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 16
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Student clubs: Art, creative writing, homework, NJASK prep, and skill builder and confidence booster